Sunday, April 8, 2012

Sunday study with B

Studio extension 4
Sunday study with B
Score: 2

Studying with B is serious. She's super smart, intimating even in her blinkered dedication, and she's driven, focused, organised - all the studious words. Because I want her to do well, I try very hard not to bother her, which means that when we are camped out for the day in the dinning room I have no choice but to do but my own work. Sometimes I think to myself "Don't take a break now - you're not being a good role model to her" but then I check myself, remembering that she is most probably like this because she has seen me over many years be driven, consumed and pursuant. It's nice to be in the same space as her, doing our same lonely studies, sharing the isolating experience of learning.

Even if she's not conscious of me,  and even if I am no consolation to her, I appreciate her being not far from me.

1 comment:

  1. a lovely thought. I do miss having my family close - its just a physical thing. Thanks Hannah

    ReplyDelete