Monday, June 10, 2013

Another 24 Hour Drawing Project

When Miso moved out of my studio she bequeathed me a glorious roll of rich, creamy, weighty, expensive looking paper. Normally I work with scrap paper or the cheapest possible roll of cartridge, so this fancy expanse of paper seemed luxurious. Almost too luxurious to use.

But i got over that pretty quickly and decided on a project for another 24hrDP. For 24 hours I would draw patterns that would over lap, become disjointed and incur irregularities. I keep thinking about undoing patterns. Making patterns that have all the motifs of decoration, but none of the repetition of a pattern. The material I wanted to use was dirty water. It is a by-product of making the ash pieces, and I have for a long time wanted to use it to create documentation of these ephemeral works. This project provided a concentrated time to develop a process for drawing with dirty water and playing with the possibility of entropy within my patterns.




No comments:

Post a Comment